This position is responsible for managing, developing, auditing, training and improving Compass’ global programs in safety, risk management, OSHA (or international equivalent) compliance, worker’s compensation and emergency preparedness. We are seeking an individual that has a passion for communicating and helping to prevent injuries within their company. We are looking for a strategic thinker with a go getter attitude.
- Serve as subject matter expert in all aspects of safety and risk management
- Develop and maintains Compass’ Global Safety Program
- Oversees occupational safety and health initiatives and effectively manages worker’s compensation claims process
- Ensures compliance with federal and state OSHA (or international equivalent) record keeping and reporting
- Review safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates
- Review and approve designs for evacuation plans, lighting, and ventilation to ensure minimum or no danger to the safety or health of the site guests or workers
- Conduct safety audits and plan reviews to identify unsafe acts and conditions, program gaps, and best practices. Act as the horizontal process owner for safety for all locations and encourage the sharing of best practices and instilling a safety mindset
- Manage/author and distribute Safety Notifications
- Responsible for completing any other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Supports EH&S technical submissions for customer SOQs and RFQs
- Manages project-level safety inspections and reporting
- Reviews General Contractor Project-Specific Safety Plans for compliance with Compass and customer requirements, and OSHA or international equivalent standards
- Provides EH&S training to Compass staff and Construction Managers
- Support Delivery team with selections of 3rd
party EH&S representatives for projects
- First point of offsite escalation in the event of a safety incident on a project site; supports and advises the 3rd
party EHS representative and Delivery team during incident investigations and root cause analyses
- Performs periodic project site walks and inspections with the Compass Construction Managers and 3rd party EH&S representative.
Skills, Education and Qualifications:
- Skill in performing safety inspections
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing, training, auditing and implementing policies, procedures to achieve goals and objectives
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Safety Management Specialist (SMS) certification Preferred
- OSHA 30-Hour certified
- Familiar with requirements of OSHA and international equivalents
- High energy and drive, a strong desire to achieve and a high dedication level
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement of processes and performance; results-driven and detail-oriented.
Travel requirement: 20 - 50%