The Electrical Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME) is primarily responsible for leading all electrical engineer related matters. The SME will interact on a daily basis with Contractors, Designers, Engineers, Commissioning Agents and Vendors to ensure the successful completion of projects and provide expert support for trouble shooting operation matters. The SME will interact heavily with the customer as an Electrical Engineer expert. Must have written and oral communication skills commensurate with this level of regular communication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the SME for all Electrical Engineering related matters
- Coordination with Electrical Engineers with the balance of a multidiscipline team throughout the entire project’s development
- Establish client relations, and participate in the marketing, design and production meeting with regard to electrical systems
- Assume the electrical lead on may projects
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct semantic, design development and contract document work sessions at the project site in conjunction with the Project Manager, Project Architect, and other disciplines
- Coordinate workload through the entire project development to complete documents on schedule
- Track the financial aspect of projects and coordinate and adjust the work effort with the team to ensure that the work is completed within the parameters of the agreed-upon schedule
- Work with the Project Manager and Regional Controller for project reviews with corpora management as needed
- Support the activities of other electrical engineering professionals, and act as a mentor to other staff members as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
knowledge & Experience:
- Expertise in electrical engineering a must, with a preference for a well-rounded CSA expert
- Expertise in datacenters or critical environment MEP design and equipment selection
- Proven experience delivering successful, large-scale and complex data center or industrial critical infrastructure (power, oil & gas, chemical plants, clean rooms, hospital) projects
- Extensive knowledge of construction methodologies, processes, and scheduling a plus
- Inclusive leader with the ability to motivate, inspire and develop high performing
- Embraces and models Compass’ Core Convictions and Key Principles in their actions, decisions, and relationships with others
- Willing and able to learn, adapt and deliver data center projects in alignment with the Compass Program instead of traditional construction methods
- Humble, transparent team leader who can effectively collaborate problem-solve across functional groups
- Curious, constantly ask Why to foster Continuous Improvement
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with an incremental interface with internal and external customers
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or 5 – 10 years equivalent professional experience in datacenter site, shell and datahall CSA
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, AutoCAD and Revitt
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint for use in communicating program updates to executive level
Employer will not sponsor applicants for new employment visa status.
Compass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
At Compass, we make lives better by providing the world's technology leaders with a secure place to plug in wherever they grow. We provide custom, move-in ready data centers from edge deployments to core facilities serving hyperscale, cloud and enterprise customers.
We are a Culture First organization. With a keen focus on our culture, we genuinely provide a place where employees can do their best work and grow personally and professionally. Each day, we are accountable to live out our four Core Convictions: 1) Humility In, Pride Out, 2) Actions and Words are One, 3) Continuous Improvement of People, Processes and Systems (spoiler alert - we order People first for a reason!), and 4) We Ask Why to Understand the Needs versus the Wants.
Compass is committed to an inclusive culture, and we celebrate and value diverse insights and perspectives. To continue to soar on our rocket ship, we need talent from various background, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles to perform crucial job functions.
That is why we are committed to our core convictions and key principles as we continue to provide companies a secure place to plug in.
Medical | Dental | Vision | Voluntary | 401K | Unlimited PTO