Compass is looking for a Junior Architect in Datacenter Design to join our Dallas team. At Compass we make lives better by providing the world's technology leaders a secure place to plug in wherever they grow. We are working on exciting and challenging projects throughout the United States and overseas, and we want a self-motivated individual passionate about design and architecture to join our team.
Specific Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Design Phases (Land Planning and Schematic Design)
Iterate land planning concepts and building designs:
- Model and render all test fits and Schematic Designs
- Assist in drawing land plans, building plans, elevations, and other necessary documents
- Assist with zoning and building code research
- Assist with presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the Project Leadership Team (i.e., Project Designer, Project Architect, Project Manager, and Principal).
Sales Support Phase:
- Develop Schematic Design package to support sales pursuits’
- Heavy Interface with the Sales Engineering and Design teams
- Work closely with the external consultants to review design documents
- Develop concept and schematic drawings to capture complex design concept for ease of constructability
- Responsible for written or verbal communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to incorporate all information into project requirements and provide support as necessary.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control, and best practice standards.
- 2-5 years of experience in a design-oriented architecture role, emphasizing critical infrastructure/datacenters design & architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Proficient in Revit, Revizto and other 3D modeling software.
- Strong design sense and ability
- Effective problem solving, interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with clients and team members
- Self-motivated with a passion for design and architecture
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail are essential.