Compass is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst.
Compass is one of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing companies, making lives better by providing the world’s technology leaders a secure place to plug-in wherever they grow. We are searching for an Analyst who will be an outstanding addition to our Finance organization. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will:
- Supporting the overall finance function and play an important role in several core FP&A and capital markets activities.
- Interacting with peers and business leaders to gather information and insight, gain exposure and obtain support for assignments.
- Solving critical business challenges through participation in cross-functional, mission-based teams.
- Participating in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that provides career development activities, active coaching and mentoring.
- Build and maintain financial models on deals, cost analysis, pricing, project valuation, cash flow and investment returns.
- Analyze financial information to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes summarizing current and projected financial drivers.
- Co-lead monthly budget/forecast variance analysis and reporting; including drivers of variances, business insights, corrective actions, recommendations for strategic decision making and management reporting.
- Develop annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long-range planning models.
- Assist in capital markets activities such as conducting data room due diligence.
- Manage and track vendor PO/invoice review process, ensure proper coding, and communication with accounts payable teams.
- Create Executive- and Board-level content and present with excellent communication skills.
- Act as a liaison for all company departments to ensure full alignment on P&L impacts of departmental business decisions.
- Deliver ad-hoc analyses and special projects to support the leadership team.
Skills and Experience:
- A highly-motivated, results-driven professional with very strong work ethic who can multi-task and prioritize as well as quickly pivot based on business needs.
- A team player with interpersonal skills and personality to influence other members of the team.
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting principles and practices.
- Exceptional analytical skills coupled with a solid understanding of business dynamics and a strong sense of curiosity.
- Ability to work under pressure, structural and process ambiguity, and meet tight deadlines while maintaining rigor and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to distill complex topics for executive-level consumption.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Knowledge of ERP/Planning systems (i.e., Oracle, NetSuite, Hyperion), Vena, Procore, and PowerBI are a plus.
- 1 - 2 years of professional experience in investment banking, private equity, investment research, or management consulting is highly preferred.
- Strong financial modeling, research, and project management skills.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, or related field required.
- Fluent spoken and written skills in English.
Up to 10% travel required
Is a negotiable benefit for this role
Employer will not sponsor applicants for new employment visa status.
Compass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
At Compass, we make lives better by providing the world's technology leaders with a secure place to plug in wherever they grow. We provide custom, move-in ready data centers from edge deployments to core facilities serving hyperscale, cloud and enterprise customers.
We are a Culture First organization. With a keen focus on our culture, we genuinely provide a place where employees can do their best work and grow personally and professionally. Each day, we are accountable to live out our four Core Convictions: 1) Humility In, Pride Out, 2) Actions and Words are One, 3) Continuous Improvement of People, Processes and Systems (spoiler alert - we order People first for a reason!), and 4) We Ask Why to Understand the Needs versus the Wants.
Compass is committed to an inclusive culture, and we celebrate and value diverse insights and perspectives. To continue to soar on our rocket ship, we need talent from various background, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles to perform crucial job functions.
That is why we are committed to our core convictions and key principles as we continue to provide companies a secure place to plug in.
Medical | Dental | Vision | Voluntary | 401K | Unlimited PT